1. Get actual rates: instead of googling “U-Haul rental cost” call your local place, & find out the exact price of truck + insurance + tax.
2. Clean out the fridge: before moving, start eating up all the froze veggies in the fridge, the apples in the pantry & use that up before buying food before you leave and having to transport it. Plus no wasting food is betta for the world too
3. Negotiate everything: rental car, new apartment rent, old apt deposit, new furniture, you name it—it’s negotiable.
4. Plan for the unexpected: shit will happen and you’ll forget you need a new shower curtain rod & need a target run. Don’t fret—just plan some extra moola for unexpected expenses.
5. Decide what you want for new place: most likely you’ll want a few new things for the new place—plan it out to decide what you want to spend & then facilitate that as you go along.